Thursday, May 17, 2012

My review of The Mating by Nicky Charles

The Mating (Law of the Lycans, #1)

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The Mating by Nicky Charles was a complete surprise. I really didn't expect to like a free book this much. It was really good!


The main characters are Kane, a new Alpha, and Elise another Alpha's youngest daughter. The Elders of both packs agree that Kane and Elise should be mated in order to form an alliance between their packs.

Elise is in love with Bryan, another wolf in her pack. She agrees to do the mating for the good of her pack even though she doesn't really want to. She has to move to Kane's territory and get to know his packmates. There are alot of bad things happening in his pack. This provides mystery to the story.

I enjoyed watching their relationship enfold and grow. There are some sweet moments. This story had some of everything. There was romance, mystery, and action. It was very entertaining. I enjoyed it alot and can't wait to read the sequel.

The only thing I found annoying was that Elise was very forgetful. She would have something important to say and over and over she didn't say anything. It got on my nerves. Everyone forgets things but not like her.

I downloaded this book free from Smashwords and recommend it to everyone looking for a great adult werewolf read.




I'd love to know what you're thinking. Please leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment